View Single Post
      04-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #17
alex sol
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

just to circle back, i bought the bgs tool which works but barely and requires removing the rad. easy removal if you have already changed the single use metal bands in favor of clamps on the intake just before the butterfly / throttle body. i had removed to clean the intercooler so loosen two clamps (previously the factory bands) and the throttle body clip. back off one t25 torx that holds some kind of cooler at the driver's side bottom of rad. remove one bolt at the top of the rad on the passenger side (mine was missing from previous owner? and is... still missing, nylon tie wrap instead), slide out the rad and the bgs tool works with a large 1/2" drive ratchet onto the 17mm on the bgs tool. installing the stretch belt still not easy with the Lisle tool as it did not place the belt on the correct spline... in fact was riding on the pulley... a few more turns and it sat nicely in the proper grooves. talk about an adventure just to change an a/c accessory belt. in the m3... simple job with tensioner and hex to back off the tension, slip out the belt and job done... this job is nuts. Hope i'm good for another 100,000 miles but I'm concerned about how much pressure this belts puts on the crank pulley / harmonic balancer...
Appreciate 0