05-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareast1 View Post
Man that sucks. I would contact BMW NA to let them know how things went. I doubt much will come of it, but it might make you feel better if nothing else.
Oh I definitely did, they are the ones who got me the part that they lost for free.. They still tried to charge me for the other part, and BMWNA said they put in a claim for it, but w/e..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot335i View Post
I have never gone to Ft Myers BMW, but my father likes them better than Germain. He has bought probably 10 cars from them. He's 75 and I'm 52.
I have had service done at Germain and have had hit and miss experiences with them. When I had my 2008 335i Sedan the transmission started acting up at 32K miles, they diagnosed it as needing to be replaced for $8600. Car was out of warranty due to"In Service Date". I found the Reset here on the forum and it ran perfectly for 37k more miles until I traded it 3 mos ago.
I think that when you take your car into any dealer it is better to research your known issues on forums to get an idea of what it should be or actually is. This way you are an informed (somewhat) customer and this allows you to be able to call them on any diagnosis that you have an issue with.
When I called Germain back about my findings on the Reset, the Service Manager told me well if the car was under warranty we would have replaced it. 20 mins searching this forum saved me $8600. Kudos to E90Post !!!
I definitely agree it's best to diagnose a bit yourself before bringing it anywhere to be knowledgeable on the situation.. In my case, I did do that and I did diagnose it as bad turbos, and being that they were under warranty that's when I brought it to them, boy was that a mistake.. I ended up picking up my car with more stuff broken/missing than when I had dropped it off.. The Service Manager Ken is on his way out anyways so I'm sure he really doesn't give a shit, as his tone with me was always very nonchalant and had no enthusiasm to help me out.. My first service adviser was Frank, and although he had a cool puerto rican accent, he really was about as helpful as used toilet paper.. Naples just took so much better care of me and my car, plus John the Service Manager there gives me great prices on OEM parts so they earned my business.. Fort Myers just tried to screw me on more than one occasion and I can't find it in my heart to forgive them lol..
Appreciate 0