View Single Post
      06-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #888
yoyoguy2
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91

following up on my prior post above, i did the swap yesterday and the 754802709 manifold is exactly the same. the only difference i could find was that the screws that hold the map sensor in place are shorter, so i used the screws that came with the 3 stage mainifold. not sure if the others would have bottomed out but i didn't want to strip the plastic trying.

otherwise it was a pretty straightforward job, some tricky access to connectors but not that difficult overall. I did take off the bracket that holds in the "wiring junction box" instead of unclipping it, some DIYs say unclip, some say unbolt the bracket. hard to get access to the torx screws but i didn't think unclipping was going to happen without breaking the plastic on the box. i didn't break the infamous vent hose but i replaced it anyway since i bought one.

also check to see if you actually have a 11mm deepwell socket before you start, i just assumed i did but my set skips 11mm. fortunately my backup cheapo set actually had one.

i do wish i did the spark plugs at the same time since the engine cover was already off, no idea how old mine are. if you have any suspicion on your starter you should replace that too since you basically have to do this whole job to get the starter out.
Appreciate 0