Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport

Garage List
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiprete View Post
It should - please post the results. I will be ordering sws woofers also.
I think I cooked one of my factory subs by driving them with lower frequencies from the EQS.
Installed the Kicker amplifier now, haven't got the SWS8 speakers yet. But the amplifier alone certainly kicked some life into the speakers. Lots of bass, since I can now change the volume of the bass channel (the speakers under the seats) independently from the rest of the speakers.

It's so good that I'm a bit uncertain wether the SWS-8s will be installed at all, but only listened at stand-still so far, will take the car for a spin tomorrow (too hung over at the moment )

Only problem is that I have some background hiss/whine, and for some odd reason it seems to come from the speakers under the seat. I've changed both the cables and contacts (all cables are connected to the original wires for the bmw amplifier), but didn't help.

As long as the amplifier is on, the sound is present. It does not change with rpm, and the volume of the noise is the same regardless of gain settings..

The amplifier has RCA inputs even for the fifth (subwoofer) channel, but I don't use these (the amplifier sends output to this channel even though only input channel 1 through 4 is connected). So I'm wondering if this can have anything to do with it. I tried connecting terminated/dead end RCA plugs in the inputs for the subwoofer channel, but that didn't make any difference.
Appreciate 0