Apex Forged 19", AA headers, MILVs, 3IM, Euro Intake, Swift Spec-R
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
It sounds like AA is nerfing the tune a bit to deal with the parameters, but I wish they would/could just change those parameters! It's sounding like these motors can make more power than BMW is comfortable with them making or something? To save the transmission? Hmm maybe the DME just doesn't like for the TQ to come on too quickly which the tunes are causing? Of course I don't know anything about these TQ parameters, but wouldn't someone that is boosted constantly trigger this limp mode? Odd indeed.
I'm guessing wildly but I do have some very pig heavy wheels that would have significant rotational inertia and may be causing the measured torque value to jump up above the limp mode threshold. I suppose it's also possible that this only happens at WOT in DS mode above 3500rpm, and only some of us routinely hit those levels enough to trigger the fault. The revised V3 tune they sent me to avoid the fault is definitely a little less edgy than the previous version I was running, and the fault frequency has been lower, but it needs to be eliminated completely.
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3761.50