BOOSTLEE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, Ducati 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by sänd_mönstä View Post
Hey guys,

I finished installing the VRSF DP fix on my 2011 n55 earlier today using the following DIY:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=303

The installation was a breeze, but the dp fix does not seem to be operating correctly. The blue LED on the device will blink to show that it is operational, but between every few blinks, it will stay solid for a few seconds and then resume blinking. Is this normal?

Also, the DME threw a code at the start of a drive cyle I performed earling this evening and later abandoned. The code was 2D1F: Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, electrical: Short circuit to B+

FYI, I'm running MHD and have flashed to map 0.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I got the same fault you got when I installed mine, after doing more research, I found that the +12 and ground wire on the O2 sensor are monitor by the DME. It's looking for a short on the sensor, so if you hooked the sim like the post above, you're basically shorting it out, I'm not sure how others got it to work that way.

Here's what I did, I extended the wires on O2 sim about 2 ft so I can keep it in the DME box, safe from heat and moisture. Tap to a switched +12 power(red/purple) in DME box (turns on when DME wakes up and off when sleep). Ground is also in there (black). Please double check with a meter to confirm. I leave mine O2 sim installed all the time, has not been a problem for me.

Then run the yellow and white wires through the wire loom, there is already a hole at the bottom where you can fish the wires through to the O2 sensor. I used your picture,

Appreciate 0