View Single Post
      08-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1523
mishenka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infbp22 View Post
JUST and FYI for all you customers walking in with forum info and service bulletins...

If you come into the dealer all hot-headed and know-it-all you'll be placed in the biggest dumbshit of the BMW driving dumbshits category. Trust me, there are some really stupid ones too.

The issue IS in fact the lifters. The root cause is NOT the lifters. The dealer is not to blame in most cases for this issue. The dealers have replaced so many cylinder heads and lifters that BMW has released restrictions and approval requirements to replace parts. Dealers are threatened with audit when too many of these repairs are performed.

It absolutely does not matter one bit to any technician if you waive a bulletin in their face you found on the internet. We are required by BMW NA to duplicate and isolate the noise and follow procedure or the claims will be kicked back and we can lose our jobs.

If it ticks, get your lifters done. If it still ticks... be PATIENT and COURTEOUS. The dealer has a potential to lose millions if audited. If you act like a jack-ass forum reading douche bag, you'll be the first one to be blown out the door.
Do you think that the lifters of
Quote:
a jack-ass forum reading douche bag
are ticking any bit lees than anyone else's?

Do you think that BMW original warranty should be selectively honored only for certain owners and may be delayed to others if they do not behave good?

Do you think if BMW MADE a design and/or production mistake that causes the lifters to tick on a brand new vehicles, and if as a result of its legal binding agreement with a buyer to fix all manufactures defects the BMW is forced to authorize and PAY for so many pricey repairs the owner/customer/buyer should be at all concerned about the difficulties of honoring such warranty service? Do you really think that I, as a buyer, should care even one little bit, how difficult it is for BMW (or any other entity that sold me a defective product) to fix or rectify the defect?

I knew what I am paying money for: an item and the warranty for this item. That's why I paid as much as I paid. I could have paid three times less to get something cheaper and without the warranty. But I bought what I wanted to buy. BMW knew what its selling me (items and services and their obligations to me). And if you - apparently the individual who is indirectly being paid by BMW to provide such services - is telling me to shut up and pray quietly so my car gets fixed IF my attitude is "acceptable" then you should be ashamed of yourself.