matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootang_clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allotherareused View Post
If you change only hydraulic part you don't need to recode anything. If model is same this is 2 or 4 screw to separate electronic bloc and put back your original.

If you change all, you need to code it, to write vin, probably to initialize all sensor, lateral, steering wheel, possibly to change brake sensors because can't reset it and this show your brake pads are on 255% ... to much trouble.

[COLOR="Red"]As per bleeding my favorite (easy) way is :
when you assemble before tighten all 6 tube start slowly pressing pedal until one by one don't have air anymore (2 man job in 5 min done). At this point you are 90% done.[/COLOR]

As fluid is recommended to be changed on 2 years, and you need to do all of it ... well, now just change fluid

As you in first step have bleed completely hydro unit and in fluid replacement you have bleed everything else ... you are done.

You also can use options and software to activate one by one wheel and pump but if you do properly my easy way probably don't need it. Do it if you have, I did it with DIS, don't know how to activate pump with inpa (this is possible).
I'm getting the same errors on the dash and when I'm stopped at a light the brake slips for a fraction of a second and rolls forward. My assumption is that my pump or module is out. After reading through every post on this thread, I've decided to go with the Module Master route as I have another car.

My question is on the bleeding method above in red. After the module is replaced and I lightly tighten the 6 tubes, am I supposed to have someone get in the car with the car off and pump the brakes and watch for bubbles on each tube before tightening each bolt? Can someone clarify this process? I have bled the brakes before with the self bleeder on each wheel and I'm supposed to do that after I do the first bleeding step, correct? I just want to make sure I understand the entire bleeding procedure before I get started.

Thanks in advance.
I didn't do it that way. I used a pressure bleeder. Still felt a bit spongy after, so I hooked up my foxwell and bled with the pressure bleeder attached via the protocol—need two people to do it. It worked great for me, but was probably overkill.
Appreciate 0