View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #70
Bicax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

What about this workaround from JBL?

Of course it's still unacceptable that a product advertised as providing OEM integration has to really on something like that to get rid of the BT echo, but it could be a solution to some people (those that don't use the BT often or those that have an insane amount of patience ).

It's really a shame, since a possible alternative to the DA2 + MS-8 would be the DA1 + Audison BitOne (it's actually even slightly cheaper, at least where I live), but my ears really aren't trained enough to setup a whole system by myself (could be partly due to my terrible memory), and there is a LOT to know before I could even dream of achieving what the MS-8 could do in a few minutes.

Three minor comments on my side:

1) On the table of contents, when you click on "Digital Sound Processors" it jumps to the part on amps;
2) Would it be possible to update the comments on the DSP and specifically the part that praises the MS-8 to add a warning about the BT issue and the dead units, and the possible BT workarounds (such as the one mentioned by Technic here)? I realise that one has to search before they buy something, but this information is really buried deep within the dungeons of a huge thread ;
3) In the same line of thought, making it clear that if you are upgrading the Logic 7 sound you need to bypass/delete the OEM amp (mainly since not only it applies it's own EQ, but it also modifies the EQ according to the speed you're going at), and adding a table with the main possible Logic 7 combinations to do this (HU recode + DSP/ DA1 + Audison BitOne or other compatible DSPs / DA2 + MS-8 or other compatible DSPs/etc.) would be very helpful.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that each system is very specific and you should do everything according to your specific needs. But this type of basic information could be essential for those of us who are still struggling to understand what the heck everyone is talking about ( ), I find.

In my case, for example, the guys who took care of my install are quite reputable here in Barcelona and work quite well in general but were totally clueless when it came to the Logic 7 OEM amp (they knew it couldn't simply be replaced with another amp due to MOST functionality, but they had no idea about the built-in EQ and how it affected the sound, and were telling me that nothing could be done).

I really wish I could provide some expertise here instead of asking so many questions. Thanks again for all the support I've been receiving, you people are certainly very helpful
Appreciate 0