07-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamf View Post
Okay. If you get it on a ballot as a single item I will definitely vote for your measure. I have driven in Texas with no front license plate for 20 years (it is required here). Got one ticket. Been stopped a few times, but all the others I was let go with a warning. The same guy gave me multiple warnings over several months and we finally had a heart to heart. He stopped pulling me over and I did not put on the front license plate.

As for the other issue you bring up, you may be on to something. If you want to package some hot button issues together and throw in the somewhat related "front license plate thing" then that might work. Just dealing with the front license plate is not going to get enough people excited to care enough about making a change. Listen, I am your target audience. I agree 100% that the front license plate laws are total BS, but I am not going to get off my ass to help you fight this. However, I might get off my ass to help you fight for a much bigger issue, which has to do with privacy and technology. This is a legitimate play and there are people who are already lobbying in this area. You just need to get connected with them. Then you may have something!
Lobbyist get paid by companies to shovel the companies best interest. I'm just a regular voter who is trying to build a grass roots effort which requires other voters who care to pitch in. I'm sure in the millions of folks in the USA... I'm sure i can find one per state who might take on the leadership role to help the local efforts.
Appreciate 0