View Single Post
      10-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #455
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Unfortunately, it is true. JB3 is *almost* as good as Procede at 1/2-1/3 of the cost, no matter how someone would wash your brain.

Procede is more expensive because they don't manufacture their product and they use a Haltech device as a base instead. So they have to add their own profits on top of the original manufacturer profits. The only thing Procede has better than the JB3 is the "timing control", which adds/removes timing on top of the ECU timing (so it does not control it fully). Most of the time when running on proper bolt-ons the Procede does not alter timing, so in those cases it is equivalent to the JB3. The CAN boost target access is another plus but JB3 emulates the boost target very very well these days.

That's it. The other things besides the power adding stuff really don't matter, they are just marketing gimmicks.

PS: I have the BMW PPK and I intend to go with GIAC. It's just easy to see how the marketing washes brains on this forum.
You really need to start doing more research. BADLY!

I dont think one thing you said comes anywhere close to relevance or factual information.

We are all dumber because of your post, I award you no points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Prime example of a misinformed, uninformed, or choosing to be oblivious person...in exact fashion as described above. So sad/ funny/ bad.

There are things a wise man chooses to be ignorant, but tuning his car shouldn't be one g them
Yea that was probably the most uneducated, insanely wrong post I've seen to date on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
I would never ever play with the settings and instead I would let the tuners do this for me (one of the reasons I'm considering GIAC). Why ? Because altering the settings (like adding 1 degree of timing) means just changing to a different, UNTESTED map from the millions of maps that you can create by altering settings. Do you think that the tuners test every combination of settings ? There are millions if not more of them. There is no need for me to be a test mule...
IDK which one of your posts are so wrong... I think you just beat yourself here in making an even worst post. The guy asked about retarding timing and you said why would u add timing? Its a different map? LOL

You strongly need to research basic tuning. How engines work. What ignition timing is. And stop regurgitating how you think tunes work and dont work.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 10-10-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0