JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
My last modified car was also a DSM

First thing, it seems that load based tuning is the way to go. Wedge uses that and it seem like Justin is also switching to that.

I also totally agree with your assessment of the buying process for MHD/maps. I guess it saves you a little money if you don't have to buy the OTS maps and only get a protune. I see zero reason the logging isn't included, you can't do anything without logging. It kind of opens up a legal issue for them where if an OTS tune blows up a car that they weren't logging with. You could say you should be logging even with an OTS tune, but if you make the tune available without logging capabilities...

Anyway, that is beside the point, we can't change that. I am still on JB4 for a short while longer, but I will be joining in to the fray soon. Depending on time I may do my own tune or I may just have a protune done and be done with it.
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 0