06-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #29
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiiiw View Post
Thanks Coupes33,

How do you find the diy side of things? I've done a lot of Holdens, and worked on my current wrx quite a bit, so curioud how diy friendly bimmers are?

So if it was done at 100,000km's i'd be looking to do it again at 200,000km's? I've read some people think its better to not change it?

And in terms of a gearbox, is there other places that if it eventually went could be purchased cheaper or rebuilt? With your amount of power have you had any trans work done?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
There is not much room to work on the turbos on these engines so you have to remove the IC, water pump, thermostat, downpipes, outlets, coolant expansion tank and DS engine mount. I followed the procedure in the Bentley Service Manual and special requirements from Rob Beck who supplied the turbos. There are probably plenty of DIYs on Youtube as well. I have been running an RVO upgraded transmission but I am about to install a Nizpro upgraded unit. I would change the transmission fluid and filter every 80-100,000kms depending on how you drive the car. You can get software upgrades for the transmission from xHP which has various stages of change depending on your needs. You just download the app and go from there.
Appreciate 0