Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwdev View Post
Any updates? My N53 starts with rough run and N53 injectors are impossible to find here (Poland) and price has skyrocketed. I thought about putting there the N54 injectors but, I have read on some Polish forum that after swapping the injectors (N54 in N53 engine) fuel consumption is like 18-20L/100 km and low power. Is it possible that its because not all injectors ale from N54 and engine adaptation was not reseted?
I can report N54 injectors are working just fine in my N53. Fuel consumption is unchanged (and as good as ever!). I agree that if you go this route you must code the injectors to the ECU and clear all adaptations.

You really should not continue to drive with leaking injectors in my opinion. They will dilute your oil and could damage the cylinder coating. My indy even reports one occasion when the leaking was so bad that on a cold start, the bang was so big (from the extra fuel) that it cracked a crankshaft!
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0