10-13-2015, 05:20 AM   #39
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
It's never ever going to be completely fair as look when it was all about aerodynamics and RedBull dominated without question for 4 years straight. Now it's more about engines and Mercedes are dominating.

Unless they are all in identical cars completely with no other outside amendments at all then you will never have a truly level playing field.

I do genuinely think Lewis is a superb driver. Even when the car wasn't under him he pulled off some truly great racing and finds pace somewhere. But of course that's just my opinion and I know others will completely be 100% the opposite to that.
Personally, I think Lewis Hamilton is probably the quickest man on a single flying lap (although Vettel comes close) but he's only great when things are going his way. He only ever seems 2 minutes away from having a sulk.

Alonso for me is the best all round driver. He often eeks out more performance from a car than you would think was possible. His tyre management skills are a cut above the rest and he just has that racing edge compared to some of the other drivers. I know he was teammates with Lewis at McLaren but I think he has improved since then, they both have.

Vettel is still only 28 years old and has the ability to be a true great. I'm a Ferrari fan but I surprised myself as to how quickly I came to like Vettel after hating him for 4 years.
Appreciate 0