tylat2023
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe e92

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
SULEV coverage in Florida in 2019 - how I got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmit2017 View Post
Anyone have their car serviced under sulev warranty while not being in a sulev state?
Here's how I got it to work. I have a 2011 328i (n51) in Florida, a non-sulev state, with about 100k miles. My fuel pump went bad (per car display message), car cutting out after 5 to 10 mins. BMW diagnostic confirmed problem and also stated that the fuel pump module was bad and needed replacing. Cost - about $3,000. They would not honor the Sulev Warranty because the car was not registered in a Sulev state.

So I started researching and found that Vermont (a Sulev state) allows anyone to register a car (and transfer car title to Vermont) - - without being a Vermont resident, and insurance not required to register/transfer title. So I filled out the application and added the application fee (about $100), overnighted it to a courier in Burlington (paid him about $100), he walked it in, got the temporary title and new license plates and overnighted it back to me.

I changed my plates, towed the car back to BMW, and they did the job under the SULEV warranty.

Yesterday, I transferred my Vermont title back to Florida, about $100.

Thanking God for that success! ���� ✝️

Note: Courier's name is Edimos Delivery Service - at EDS Courier in Burlington. Nice guy, honest, helpful, fair.
Appreciate 1
smass397.50