View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
Cali_MSport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30, 06 325i, 07 328i

$500 Bmw 3 Series (325i) and $1000 Bmw 3 Series (330i)

Okay so upon my search for parts needed to do repairs to the $500 2006 325i that I just bought, I have discovered another car for sale. I need help to decide if this is a good idea or not. Now keep in mind I am the guy who always makes out for the better somehow. Call it luck or divine intervention or skill I don't know but 99% of business dealings pay off in the end or I at least break even. Without the knowledge and advice of you guys on here this may be the 1% so I await your input before buying. I just don't know enough about these cars to make a decision. I am the kind of person who is a doer and I will research and repair these cars on my own regardless of what they need Where there a will there a way. My thought is the ditch the running 325i project and take on this other bmw project because well the car is immaculate. The 325 will never look close to this unless I spent a fortune on it way more than its worth plus the 325 has 200k on the clock. this other car has 122k on the clock
The car is being sold for $1000 and it is a 2006 330i dark blue tan interior. Exterior is 9/10 very clean the interior is 10/10 looks mint which must be rare with tan interior. The lady is telling me that the fuel pump went out and she just didn't fix it. Tags are 3 months overdue ( I have a dmv hack for that I will share). She says she has kids and needs a car that doesn't require as much maintenance as a BMW does . What could be the worst case scenario about this fuel pump issue ? Could we possibly have a completely wasted motor? How do i know if it doesn't run or start that it is really the pump thats the issue ? Maybe its only a fuse or filter even? Maybe a hose has come loose or ? Should I take the chance on it? The car in super super clean looking beautiful actually .
What do you guys think? I need to decide quick before its gone.
Appreciate 0