M3 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M3 Black/Black

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraRacer13 View Post
you think they "forget" what they saw when you came in for an oil change??? Really?

My car goes back to stock (As much as possible- I can't change my suspension or take out the oil cooler) every time it goes in. Personally- I would NEVER drive my car on dealership property with a tune on the car. Just asking for trouble.
Well as it stands I have a JB4 and a charge pipe for the car. May get a downpipe in a few months. For an oil change and topping the fluids they really shouldn't be rooting around the car. I'll be taking the JB4 off the car when I take it in anyways, because it is pretty quick to unhook the harness.

And no I do not think they'll "forget" but the chances of them noticing mods are less likely if they are doing say an oil change or topping off fluids/doing routine maintenance as opposed to them having to warranty out new parts for something that blew or messed up. And technically they shouldn't be voiding my warranty because I have a mod. It should only void if something goes wrong with the car that could be attributed to the mod, but I know that dealerships will do whatever they can to screw you over. "Oh you put on a charge pipe and your radio stopped working? Well, the charge pipe obviously caused the radio to go out, so we are voiding the warranty." Sucks because I know there are some dealerships out there with cool SA's. That are at least honest enough to look at an issue and know that it wasn't caused by the mod and fix it.
2015 M3 // Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Extended Merino Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim / Executive Package / M Double-Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic / 19" Black Light-Alloy Wheels / Adaptive M Suspension / Harman Kardon surround sound
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40
Appreciate 0