03-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #320
Payroll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSole View Post
Yup yup. Did it last night. Ended up being slightly more work than I thought it would be, but it all worked out anyway. For '08+ owners, use slot #7 like kruz and liliej say and show in the picture. I had to cut away a little bit of the plastic the the left of it to ensure a solid fit, but it worked out perfecting in the end anyway. Super stoked!

Thanks for the tip. I spent 2 hours routing the wire to the fuse box and I was completely bummed when the fuse tap wasn't working properly. I tried every 5 amp fuse in the box, and they either didn't power on or they would stay on after I turned off the ignition. After rereading this thread I noticed that you put the fuse tap in with the fuse hanging off to the left and it worked! Had to cut out some of the gray plastic adjacent to it, but it was no big deal (wire cutters took care of it in 30 seconds). Thanks. Mine is an '08 e92, btw.