View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 04:51 AM   #17
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragerboy View Post
Update - have spoken with tuner and he says likely to be related with something else such as, boost leak, inlet manifold leak or carbon build up, oil breather system or injectors etc.

He also said the visible smoke test with a dpf car is only related to Euro Zone 6 cars 2014 onwards but I've looked through the MOT guide and not sure if this is true.

What he did say is my issue likely to be caused by another issue with car so I will be doing a few little jobs to start with and will go from there.
Sorry but your tuner is bullshitti ng you. All cars originally fitted with DPF from factory, or from 2009 will have a visible smoke test. ANY visible smoke will be a fail. The only way to stop this is with a DPF, it's what it's designed to do. Either get a crooked MOT place or refit DPF and reinstate the mapping to control the DPF regency function for the MOT. Whether you leave it of go back to no DPF is up to you.

You can't tune out the smoke, it's a diesel, you can reduce it with a good time but not eliminate it. Just because you can't see it coming out while your driving g doesn't mean it's not producing smoke. Try standing next to the exhaust while it's revved then you will see the smoke.

I would find another tuner if I were you. What sort of figures are you getting power wise??. Places like BMW chip tune and even Bluefin (I have one) can get decent power with the DPF in place.

Just my 2 pence worth.
Appreciate 0