View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #18
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
Sorry but your tuner is bullshitti ng you. All cars originally fitted with DPF from factory, or from 2009 will have a visible smoke test. ANY visible smoke will be a fail. The only way to stop this is with a DPF, it's what it's designed to do. Either get a crooked MOT place or refit DPF and reinstate the mapping to control the DPF regency function for the MOT. Whether you leave it of go back to no DPF is up to you.

You can't tune out the smoke, it's a diesel, you can reduce it with a good time but not eliminate it. Just because you can't see it coming out while your driving g doesn't mean it's not producing smoke. Try standing next to the exhaust while it's revved then you will see the smoke.

I would find another tuner if I were you. What sort of figures are you getting power wise??. Places like BMW chip tune and even Bluefin (I have one) can get decent power with the DPF in place.

Just my 2 pence worth.
Cheers again, I've got nothing against the tuner at all as it was done 4 years ago and car has been faultless since really. I removed the DPF because I do small journeys only. In hindsight maybe I could have kept DPF and kept on top of Regen's etc.

Will update next week as going to order a new DPF and see if someone can fit it for me next week.
Appreciate 0