08-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #5
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr1416 View Post
Ok looks like full retail value in excellent condition is 14k-14400.. not sure I've seen one with such low miles for 9k-11k.

... sorry that price range was for a e92 328i ... didn't notice it's a 335i e92 ... so add another $2-3k ... maybe a tish more depending on package and especially if it's a 6spd.

... Yes full retail will be about $2-3k higher than a person to person sale price.

If you're willing to pay a bit more by buying from a dealership ... then its best to take both evaluations in consideration. Also check out what the trade-in price is, so you can get an idea of what they're might have into the car and what kind of room they have to work with. Obviously they'll want to make more than 50% profit on the car ... many dealerships start with 100% profit in their ask and work down from there.

Regardless of what they are asking ... definitely try to keep your final offer on the lowest end or below just retail; if you want to get a good deal. All of these prices will help you negotiate a better price and not get taken. Also take into consideration you will be paying "dealer fees" on top of the asking price, as that price is really directly part of what you are paying for the car. Tax, title and license fees are paid regardless, so they don't factor into the final evaluation.

Also ... don't be afraid to walk away if you're not getting the price you're looking for. Chances are they'll sweeten the deal if you're about to head out the door as they know that it's best to close the deal while they have you there ... since if you walk away ... they know that's it's most likely you won't return.

I bought my 07 from a dealership ... used exactly what I mentioned ... got them down about $3,500.

... And as I mentioned earlier just because you're getting a low milage car, doesn't necessarily mean it will be more reliable. Cars do not like to sit for extended periods of time ... and that car was obviously a garage queen. So if you can ... I'd figure about $500 less into your offer price.

Good luck with your purchase!

Edit: noticed you added that some are asking up to $20k. Not sure if that's for an '07 model ... as a 10 yr old 335 is going to be considerably less regardless of its low miles. People can ask what they want ... that doesn't mean they sell for that amount. It really depends on your local market and how much you're are willing to pay for super low miles. I know my the local market for my F350 is about $2k above online evaluations. So it all depends.

Last edited by N52UNED; 08-22-2017 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0