View Single Post
      02-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #84
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

well on monday i made the long journey down to Birds at Uxbridge ( what a drive , i set off at 5:10am and didnt arrive till 9:45 !! the roadworks on the M1 before the M25 are terrible, never been in such bad traffic im never gonna complain about heavy traffic here up north again )

Situation: 335 D - Remap - Quaiffe LSD - Damp roads - 8 C ish

I had the Quaiffe LSD fitted for about 3pm, then started the drive back, and WOW i could tell a difference on the first mini roundabout !!! the best way to describe it is it steered perfectly to the line i set, feeling so much more definate, rather than sort of dragging the back end round, it was so much more fluid and felt in a way a lot more alive ?! I left Uxbridge traffic and headed on to the M25 then the A1. On the A1 there were some brilliant roundabouts to tackle quickly. The car did exactly the same on larger faster roundabouts, it felt so much more fluid and contolable, when i accelerated out of the roundabout the car definately stuck to its line better and i felt i could accelerate out more comfortably, able to apply the throttle earlier. I did a quick test after exiting a roundabout under light acceleration, there was no 'orange light action' then i exited under medium acceleration there was still no orange light and no wheelspin. Then i exited with hard acceleration and there was a little wheelspin and the light flickered a little. I was very impressed as the road was damp/wet and after the remap i had been experiencing a lot of that orange light ( even in completely dry weather ) but on this drive with the Quaiffe it had stayed off a lot more, and under some hard acceleration too!

Ok sorry for that short disjointed review, not very good at these, besides i havent had that much experince with the Quaiffe yet, and im waiting for a completely dry road to really try it.

Any questions from 'D' owners i will try and answer, but be warned im not that technical

Chris

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0