Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Wagon

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdylandixon View Post
Thanks everyone! I think I’ll try to hold out on a manual, it’s just hard cause they’re so hard to come by and I’m ready to get my hand on one and just start messing with it lol my current cars about on its last leg and I’ve been dying to do some modding lately

Another question, when I’m checking them out, do they have to have the bmw coolant in it? Should I stay away from ones that have regular coolant or can they even run off of it?
Definitely wait to find the one equipped how you want it to be. When I bought my E90, I looked around for 6 months to find one that was equipped how I wanted it. I ended up loving that car and kept it for 6 years. I'm STILL kicking myself for selling it, and I made a snap decision on the next BMW, the automatic AWD wagon I mentioned in my previous post. That one didn't last long with me.

For the coolant, I've passed on cars that didn't have the correct color. I think that it might have been hasty though. If it has green coolant in it, I think that actually might be a good sign, it indicates that the coolant has been serviced at some point, which is a good thing. The green coolant won't mess up your engine short term, its just that the blue is better. The next time you do something that requires the coolant drained, just flush the system with blue.

If you see orange or pink coolant though, run. Those are known for creating precipitates when combined with the green or blue coolants that can mess up your car.
Appreciate 0