View Single Post
      04-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #80
jadidaskv
Rep
Drives: 08 535xi

i put a magnet to one of the bolts today and they aren't aluminium. they sure do look like it though. especially with all the other aluminium bolts on bmw's, i thought for sure it would be. i guess they just have a zinc coating on them. i tried to torq them to 40 ft/lbs but the angle i was at (one wheel up on a jack stand) i couldnt put pressure on them evenly so it just took way too much force it felt like they were going to snap, or round the heads. along with trying to keep the prop shaft from spinning it was jus a hell of a time. i got 3 bolts on the front and one or two on the back torqued, but ran out of time since i tried to do it after work and didnt have much time to begin with. i also spent a little bit on time trying to get the end of the axle throught the hub. theres about an inch left to come out before i can catch threads with the nut to get it the rest of the way out, but the damn thing jus wont budge. i know ill get it once i have more time to spend with it, and hopefully find a better way to keep the prop shaft from spinning and get those bolts torqued.

im still jus really worried about calibrating the tcase. i have a snap on solus pro scan tool, but im not sure if that will do it, plus i had a problem trying to communicate with the car when first got it. my cheap little bluetooth scanner connects no problem, but i couldnt get my solus pro connected.

i also got one of those kits from ebay that has the cable, ista, inpa, and one or two other softwares, but when i tried to hook up to it before, 90% of it was in German so i couldnt figure out how to use it. i think it was inpa i tried.
Appreciate 0