View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC612 View Post
Okay so "they suspect a seal failed on the rear turbo" is all we are working with here? Bc thats not much for evidence and let me guess, he is only even claiming the turbo seal failed because he has smoke coming out the exhaust which means there are lots of other potential causes for that symptom and that also means the actual turbo failure is not yet confirmed. They will discover the truth of that when they tear down the turbos. Yall must be physically exhausted jumping to conclusions like that.

If its true and the seal is bad, Shawn is just going to rebuild them and lets say something else happened and worse case scenario the chra needs to be replaced, Shawn charges like $300 to replace the chra which means even if it isnt warrantied you arent on the hook for the whole cost of the turbos to have them rebuilt and brought back to functional. I know this bc i bothered to ask
You know it's pretty bad when the said owner of these turbos wishes he could of spent a little more for pure turbos so he wouldn't be in this situation. Since you are Shawns personal nutswinger, do you know if he will cover the poor guys installation labor since it was done at a professional shop? What does the 3 year warranty cover exactly nutswinger?
Appreciate 1