View Single Post
      02-27-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Now this is an odd one. I don't know but I would say the second mot stands because regardless of whether it passed or not 2 weeks ago, at the moment in time when it was mot'd the second time it was deemed unroadworthy and so failed. I'm just going by the fact that an mot does not mean a car is roadworthy for an entire year, it mearly means at the point at which it was tested it is deemed safe.
Probably not what you want to hear, and I may well be wrong. Even so, that is very poor from the dealer to perform an mot test when it was not requested and didn't need one. I would be extremely pissed off as you are.
I remember I once had an issue with a Ford dealer over an mot. They failed my focus which was justified. They said I had X amount of days to get the problems sorted and the retest would be free. At no point did they say they had to do the work. I got the work done somewhere else where I knew I wouldn't get ripped off, took the car back within the specified time and they charged me for the retest. I had a proper stand up argument in the showroom in front of customers about it. Some of the staff scuttled off cos they were embarrassed at the fact the manager wouldn't back down. I vowed never to go there again - and I haven't!
Appreciate 0