View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

I blew the whistle on a service advisor via after-service evaluation

So I took my BMW for an oil change to a local dealer this weekend. The service adviser's demeanor was terrible. Didn't get a nice "hello, how are you?" and his attitude was just terrible. Right off the bat, I knew this guy was having an arrogant/smirky attitude that day and also he seemed new because I've never seen his face before.

Told him I needed an oil change, and then I came back 20 minutes later to ask him to check out the issue with my rocking driver's seat. Says sure, he'll take care of it and have the technician check it out and see what he thinks. I'm assuming at this point, he's going to put it in the computer and update my work order. All work is put into the system for each car's work order. We all know that right? From minor stuff to major stuff like windshield wiper replacement to some random shit, everything is in the work order.

2 hours passed, and my car is done. First thing I asked was, did you check the driver's seat? He looked surprised and puzzled. Quickly responded "oh yea, you know we looked at it , most likely an issue with the seat rails, ya know?". Okay... i'm thinking that this is coming from the technician. If it is, then it should be in the work order right?

so I go to the cashier's desk to pay for the oil change and I looked at the work order. No where does it say that they investigated the driver's seat. This freaking SA lied to my face with a bold face lie. What an ass. I didn't confront him, I was simply going to wait and blast him later.

2 days later, I get an email from the service director asking about my experience. I told him exactly how I felt by email and how he was incompetent of his job, that his demeanor looked like he hated his job, and how he lied to me about checking out my seat when it wasn't even on the work order result.

I'm not sure if I feel bad, cause I may potentially affect this guy's job. I know he is a new guy and I've never seen his face before at this local dealership. But I truly know that he has one of the poorest customer service demeanor I have ever witnessed. Everybody has a happy face, a smile, and a greet. This guy was like, he just didn't want to deal with you, period! Yes, he is young and probably inexperienced.

But listen boys, if you got a smirky/arrogant attitude just tell me that you're too busy and I"ll go get another service agent to work with. But don't lie to my face! Or if you really forgot to order the work, then say you forgot about the work, and then you can take the car back again to check it out. Why you have to let me catch you later?

Let me give you an example of what should have happened in a normal scenario? and any of these scenario would have been fine:

1. "Oh yea, you have that problem right? Well, our technician looked at it and in order to move forward, we have to charge you a diagnostic fee of $xxx"
2. "Oh yea, we looked at it and we need your approval to move forward with disassembly and it will cost $xxx which will go towards the actual repair.
3. "Oh yea, it looks like your seat is busted. We have to replace your seat. It costs $xxx amount. Do you want us to fix it?"
4. "Oh yea, we looked at it, we found no issue. It operates as normal."

Instead, all I got was "yea we looked at it, it does rock a bit more than usual. It's "probably" the rails. " - END OF STORY.

So what does that mean? are you going to move forward to have me fix it? You are my service adviser for that day. You have to provide me with options as to how to proceed. You didn't give me any options other than you confirmed my issue. But you didn't tell me what can be done and what my options are? I suspect you did not even have the work checked out at all based on your arrogant and smirky attitude.

Last edited by nukezero; 12-17-2012 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0