View Single Post
      08-22-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
Holeshot895
Rep
Drives: 335i in process of a build

Last night managed to get the car running and flashed my base map on with MHD. Now it runs smooth with the 4bar map and no cats, just need to figure out the other small issues and I can drive it for a tune without the Jb4 and get the cage installed.

Where I am at now:

Car is finally running:

Kombi error- did a function test and the cluster works fine, the fuel level and engine oil temp gauges aren't functioning and are throwing codes in ISTA.

EGS error- no coding, no uif present in module, tried to flash with winkpf with read/write UIF on and the coding procedure fails due to no communication with UIF file.
I attempted to write the file with NCS expert and the flash went through but did not code the UIF. After flashing the EGS with NCS expert I was able to start the car, it probably would have started before this but I didn't wan to try due to some other errors so I can't confirm if this flash actually did anything.

I found some information that may work, it involves writing some code in notebook and importing it into toolset32. This code will rewrite the UIF file once constructed, can not confirm but it is worth a try.

Here is the link to that:
https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/02/26...f-with-tool32/

What I need to figure out today that is the limiting factor is Toolset32.
The damn program will not install properly regardless how it is installed, I constantly have Initialization errors and I have exhausted all the usual fix's that I could find on the net, all the other programs in the Bimmer tools folder function for what I was doing, so I believe this is the only program having issues.

I am going to try to get another laptop with a fresh windows install, I think it is a windows issue with a file that has been left over after all the uninstalls and install or something similar.

If anyone could help me trouble shoot this program that would be great, I think this is my last hurdle.

Thanks
M
Appreciate 0