aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leew88 View Post
It all depends if the "map-out" retains the stratified running mode, but I don't see how that's going to work because the DME needs it's algorithms to determine when and when not to run stratified and switch between homogeneous mode (depending on conditions). If it's mapped out then effectively you have no data from the NOX sensor so the DME will resort to emergency homogeneous mode.

There is also a reason as to why there is a separate ECU attached to the NOX sensor for all these extra processing. I would like to see a vehicle with a NOX mapped-out with INPA showing the running mode - you are able to get it into stratified by pressing the throttle lightly above 1.5k rpm to see the switch happening.
Exactly my thinking too. It might as well be the map-out is just to get rid of codes and user is told to ignore cat/sensor from now on, but the car might not run stratified after that. And the user is told, well increased fuel consumption is because you gained so much power...
Until someone with a map-out proves this wrong.
That is exactly my thinking hence why all my emails to those who map have been "Will the car run stratified..." but neither have come back either because they are too busy or don't want it on paper essentially!

However, Will who started this post has mapped his out and has confirmed his runs stratified as far I can think. But again until this is proven I don't think I'll risk of mapping it out as according to bimmerprofs once you do this there isn't a easy way of restoring the nox system
Appreciate 0