View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
Wrngway
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
can you do a cabin windows up/down run up to like 6k rpm? tbh i think its only marginally louder, but it might just be because its video. really curious as to how this sounds in real life.
I'll see what I can do. The volume is really situational though. I've had some loud exhausts on previous cars and stock on the e90 328i is near silent. This is somwhere in between.

It's loudest when accelerating slowly through 2-2.5k rpm using low to moderate throttle. Above 3k you get a nice sporty growl. It's louder than stock, but not so loud it would really bother anyone. You'll also hear the exhaust better with the windows up as it isn't competing with wind and outside noise.

Accelerating using more than moderate up to WOT you go through 2k rpm quickly so you get a relatively even noise level up to redline. Again, I wouldn't call it loud, but you'll definitely know it's there.

If you go back and listen to the videos, make sure your volume is turned up somewhat. They're quieter than what you'll hear in person.

The more I drive it, the more I like it.

Last edited by Wrngway; 09-26-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0