View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Lol here's a pic of my car when I had my fight with the drain plug. It's these little teeth that break off. I talked to a tech about it and he showed me that on the new one the blue part in the middle is unscrewable in order to drain the coolant. When they freeze up (which the tech said is often) then you can't turn the blue part separately from the black part and then things get damaged. You'll be able to line up the pegs on the new part and screw it in, shouldn't be too bad. Remember to do the coolant bleeding procedure, as there is a ton of air in your cooling system now.

EDIT: to get my old one out, i used a wrench and unscrewed from the hex portion. Somehow the broken plug stayed in for sustained aggressive driving for about 15 miles on my way back to school from my garage. The coolant pissed out while the car was stopped and cooling down. I bought a new plug and 'sealing sleeve' from the dealer as the replacement parts.
Attached Images

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0