01-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #49
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
If it pulls harder to the red line than before the remap then you have your answer
No doubt it pulls harder, and I don't even think I've been over 3000rpm I've given it the beans few times in Auto mode but not in the manual.. I'll need to try it higher up the rev range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleah View Post
Yep, I think it has definitely peaked by 4k.
It's an M57 on a 58 plate so pre LCI
Done 1800 miles since the remap, if anything it feels stronger that the day it was mapped. That or I'm just used to where the power is and know where it lurks at....
A dyno is subjective though and really is an indication of power, if they were compared one run after another with the same weather conditions and air temp / pressure tht would be a more true test. It could be that yours was on the rollers on a hot day perhaps? It was only 4deg ambient when on the rollers at evolve - worth bearing in mind.
Same engines then, though yours is probably has the Efficient Dynamics upgrades with the extra horses.

Totally agree about the ambient temps making the dyno results different. My point was merely result on the graph. I guess yours peaks higher mine does lower!
Appreciate 0