03-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #321
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
So whats the plan for shocks and springs?

It's not just about stiffer shocks as you may then feel the springs need firming up or they aren't matched properly or something...
Either go with the bilstein prokit (with matching eibach springs) or koni sports (they have recently merged with H&R I believe and offer a package with matching springs and shocks)

Yes its not just about stiffer dampers, that's why I wish to complement them with stiffer springs also.

From what I have researched the koni's are slightly firmer along with the H&R sport springs, whereas the bilstein kit is more forgiving.

I have had bilsteins & konis in the past and I had a few issues with leakage (installed and purchased through heasmans) and there are quite a few reports on this forum of issues with blow shocks also (I realise in some applications some guys install the incorrect shocks i.e B6's on lowered springs) whereas the konis were fine for years. On the flipside the konis also offer damper adjustment (the rear shock must be removed to be adjusted unfortunately)

So does one go for comfort, or a slightly stiffer setup with damper adjustment...

These days they both offer a lifetime guarantee which is nice..

Or I may pay an extra $300 for the bilstein B14 coilovers (height adjustment)

I cant really justify the extra $1200 for the B16's over shocks and springs in my application at this stage when I still have a lot of other aspects of the car I wish to throw $ at also.
Appreciate 0