View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

blueh88 Build Thread!

Hello All.

I thought it would be a great time for me to start my own build thread! Had the car for nearly 3 years and overall, it has been a great experience.
I’ll use the first few posts to catch up with all the work that has been done so far and then hopefully keep it up to date as and when.
First purchased in early 2016. This was an exciting/interesting time for me. First ever BMW so was anxious and excited at the same time. I came from a Mk7 Golf GTD on lease and I decided to purchase outright an older car is more suited to me. Don’t get me wrong, the GTD was fantastic in every way. It was just that I couldn’t do anything to it as it was a lease, so I got bored.

Prior to the Golf I had an FN2 Type R. That was great fun. Although not the most “hardcore” R, I loved it and do miss it at times!

The decision for purchasing an E90 330d was that there was nothing else at the same price level which gives this much performance and reliability. I was very hesitant at buying such an old car, relative to what I have had before, and, in some ways, the age does show. Namely, the audio system, the worry of having to spend on extra maintenance etc. However, I still went ahead with a view to renew anything required.

Anyway, I bought a 2006 model, auto which already had the DPF/EGR/swirl flaps removed and a remap. The cosmetics were fairly standard apart from some 19” E46 M3 alloys on the outside and some hideously wrapped interior trim. What was a nice addition being a custom alcantara steering wheel.

Name:  tixhr5208485179144694946.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  204.3 KB

Last edited by blueh88; 10-05-2018 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0