biz77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
Guys, we're working on it. The timelines ran long, that we know. That's how it goes sometimes in development. The stuff we're doing in the background will be very evident once you get it in your paws. It's expensive because it's a DBB using genuine Garrett CHRA, not a JB unit. Shipping is going to be higher due to dimensions and weight. You guys are going to like it quite a lot, but we're taking our time and making sure it's right. I really do appreciate the enthusiasm.

Chris
Chris do we have a guesstimate of when this thing will come out then and exact pricing?

It has been a Lonnnnnnnngg time now since it was announced you know lol . Hardly any updates at all too to very vague updates which were all stated in initial advertisements would be posted. Nothing much on that still until one maybe recently.
Chris it is totally understandable why folks are frustrated about this especially when the advertising(back late 2k17 early 2k18) mentions the great features about the product and how it was projected to come out now this quarter. Soon going into 2019.

Chris I think I would have kept this under wraps and not come out publicly until we knew it was tested and finally going to come out like the GC lites were for the N54 and now S55. Just my opinion. The way this was presented really caused a lot of unnecessary hype but that is not to say anything negative about the product. I for one am excited about it.

I see Active Auto has not advertised or said much about their N55 turbo kit but perhaps to avoid all this angst.
Chris I guess I will still continue to be patient and enjoy my car till you guys get it together. I still have strong interest especially since seeing the GC lite kit for my buddies N54. Nice work! I am only hoping for the best regardless of past rep, Precision turbo went through this earlier on and now has one of the best DBB turbos on the Market. Precision's JB turbos were crap back in the days but now Precision makes good shit!
So I believe you guys have something great and improved here hence my anxiousness to try the kit out.

Last question ,has the EWG version of the kit been developed yet or how is that going?

Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
Guys, we're working on it. The timelines ran long, that we know. That's how it goes sometimes in development. The stuff we're doing in the background will be very evident once you get it in your paws. It's expensive because it's a DBB using genuine Garrett CHRA, not a JB unit. Shipping is going to be higher due to dimensions and weight. You guys are going to like it quite a lot, but we're taking our time and making sure it's right. I really do appreciate the enthusiasm.

Chris
Chris do we have a guesstimate of when this thing will come out then and exact pricing?

It has been a Lonnnnnnnngg time now since it was announced you know lol . Hardly any updates at all too to very vague updates which were all stated in initial advertisements would be posted. Nothing much on that still until one maybe recently.
Chris it is totally understandable why folks are frustrated about this especially when the advertising(back late 2k17 early 2k18) mentions the great features about the product and how it was projected to come out now this quarter. Soon going into 2019.

Chris I think I would have kept this under wraps and not come out publicly until we knew it was tested and finally going to come out like the GC lites were for the N54 and now S55. Just my opinion. The way this was presented really caused a lot of unnecessary hype but that is not to say anything negative about the product. I for one am excited about it.

I see Active Auto has not advertised or said much about their N55 turbo kit but perhaps to avoid all this angst.
Chris I guess I will still continue to be patient and enjoy my car till you guys get it together. I still have strong interest especially since seeing the GC lite kit for my buddies N54. Nice work! I am only hoping for the best regardless of past rep, Precision turbo went through this earlier on and now has one of the best DBB turbos on the Market. Precision's JB turbos were crap back in the days but now Precision makes good shit!
So I believe you guys have something great and improved here hence my anxiousness to try the kit out.

Last question ,has the EWG version of the kit been developed yet or how is that going?

Carl
The kit is available for preorder on the VTT site complete with pricing details and estimated delivery timeline.
Appreciate 0