View Single Post
      07-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #9
SoCal35
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

I actually went and saw Rob last weekend to clean my valves. He did an amazing job, and is a great guy. For those who haven't used his services, please don't be jump to conclusions. Yes, he does work out of his garage, but he made me feel at home the whole time and was very transparent with what he was doing. He made sure to call me over throughout all the steps bc he knew how much time and money I have into my car. He found several clips and bolts that were broken along the way from my previous tuner, and informed me exactly what I needed if he didn't have the parts on him. It's amazing how many parts and locations he has memorized on these cars. While he was doing the valves, I got bored, and decided to do some body work on my right sideskirt (which got scraped and dented) and replaced the fender turn lights. I ingeniously dropped the front right cable harness inside of the fender, and he told me exactly which bolts and rivets I needed to remove to fish it back through while still working on the valves! He’s Very knowledgeable, intelligent, and respectful guy - not your average joke artist know-it-all by any means. I could def see him having a reputable shop some day. My car has about 18k in mods on it, and obviously the induction/turbo areas have a lot of rerouting. This was very familiar to him, and he even rerouted a few lines while putting it back together, which we found were stressed. He also replaced a few vacuum lines he thought might potentially collapse under high boost upon my request. It was awesome to see how clean he got the valves when he was done! My idle is obviously smoother now as expected, and the car is more responsive. I was getting a cylinder 5 (29D1) misfire code on my BMWhat Wifi app, and a few days after the work, it went away. Also, unlike the last time the valves were done, the car started right up afterwards haha I know it's not a big deal, but it was cool to know that there wasn't a bunch of residue and shell particles left behind. He also installed a new gasket for me of course. This job is not rocket science, as most of you know. It is however very labor intensive, strains your back and legs, requires certain tools, and demands the work ethic discerning eye not to cut corners. Rob does all of those things. Highly recommend him. - Stephen
Appreciate 0