View Single Post
      08-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #19
WhiteOnRed335i
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I usually dont post and just read information on e90post since I am more of a lurker. But I figured I would help out Rob since he did such a good job on my car for cheap.

I have 75,000 miles on my car and my car was due to a Walnut shell cleaning. I contacted Rob after seeing this thread since I had never seen the service for so cheap before. The first time I called him he didn't pick up so I left a voicemail and he called me back within about 5 minutes. He said he was working on another car so sometimes its hard for him to answer every call. Anyways, he told me he works from his home and answered all the questions I had. I asked him how many cars he has walnut blasted before and he said he has done over 50 cars now. I figured that was enough to convince me that he was qualified as well as all the positive reviews I read on this page and on N54tech website under the California section:

Link on N54tech

I set up an appointment with him and told him I wanted new manifold gaskets which he said he carries in stock. I went today (Friday) morning for the appointment at about 8am and he was accommodating with the early time. I chatted with him for a bit about mods and our cars while he removed all the parts for the job: I saw him take off the Intake, Chargepipe, Blow-off Valve, Manifold, and probably a few other things I am missing. He was careful to take off all the parts and also organized them nicely in the garage while he did the walnut blasting. I stayed to see the first 2 cylinder get cleaned and they look brand new. I was kind of surprised how good they looked! After a while I started getting restless halfway through the job. He mentioned earlier that I can stay the entire time to watch if I wanted or drop the car off if I had a ride. I didn't have a ride but after about 1.5 hours I got a bit restless and decided to hang out with a local friend at a BJs restaurant instead of waiting the entire time. Rob was nice enough to drop me off there halfway through the job even though he didn't have to and would only add extra hassle for him to drop me off and pick me up.

Anyways, when the job was done (total of about 4 hours) he showed me a video of the valves before and after and I could tell the video was not fake since it had my car in it and he even mentioned my name during the video as well. I was also shown pictures of the cylinders and how they looked after. He was very honest about his work and I was very happy with the cost involved for the quality. I only paid $225 for the labor and an extra $25 for the cost of the new manifold gaskets. The total I paid was $250. I have never seen the Walnut cleaning service offered for that cheap so I knew I would have to jump on it given he was qualified for the job. He exceeded all my expectations and I have already discussed coming back to him for a Brake fluid flush and Transmission flush for my car next week. He was willing to hook me up on the labor for both as long as I work with him on scheduling. Very nice guy and was willing to help me out with early timing and also dropping me off to the restaurant. I tipped him an extra $10 for all the help. Anyways here is a picture I took before I left to go eat that shows how new he was able to clean them up. I wish I had a before picture but it was too difficult to take one since it was completely black inside and no lighting. Rob sent me lots of before/after pictures before I made an appointment to prove his work on past cars so if you reach out to him I know he can show you those.

Cliff Notes: Cheap but high quality. Very accommodating, nice and quick to complete the job. Did I mention cheaper than anywhere I have looked?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0