12-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
Cdutch513
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Ive looked over that thread so many times. It is very different though because thats the N51(I believe) and it has the pcv valve and cyclone separator built together. The separator on mine is underneath the manifold and no longer connected. It hasn't been since the supercharger install.

I think I understand all that. I want to do a compression test to make sure that its not leaking too much.

I guess the main thing at this point is the cause of the leaking oil. I reinstalled the valve cover and oil started leaking. Couldn't tell from where so I replaced all the gaskets again. It continued to leak and I noticed it was all coming from the actuator gasket and leaking into the crevices of the valve cover. It would only smoke when making sharp left turns. Which makes sense because it was throwing the oil onto the headers. I didn't have any oil on the engine block where the valve cover connects at this time. I thought maybe I got another bad gasket(from FCP Euro) and got another one. I installed it with a bunch of RTV and now it leaks from between the valve cover and the block. Thats why I think its excessive pressure. It only leaks on the lowest side of the engine.(hot side) Before I sealed the actuator gasket, that was the weakest point, and now because that part is completely sealed, it has found the next weakest part.

I just wish the thing would burn to the ground lol