View Single Post
      10-05-2023, 10:43 PM   #41
DaneGallo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i bmw

Water pump not working at all

This is a long shot I have been looking at fourms the last few hours trying to find anyone with this problem, I had tapped into the subwoofer under the passenger seat and ended up shorting them, after that I noticed that all the dash lights where on and I couldnt start the car. After trying to start the car I heard what sounded like the water pump continusly trying to click on. The car still would not start and then I went to jump it and finally it started. Everything seemed to be running fine but I heard the fan blowing at full blast and took it down the street and it started overheating. I have looked at fuses all over the car thinking it would be a fuse problem right? No fuses where blown and I even tried to prime the pump and which the process didnt work. I have read in forums that if there is a bad fuse the fan will turn on right away but in my case I was able to drive the car for about 10 minuets in 50 degree weather before the car would be put into limp mode. I noticed I didnt hear the water pump try to prime when the ignition was on all I heard was a few clicks maybe the water pump attempting to turn on? But still Im not sure what to do.
Appreciate 0