View Single Post
      03-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #255
dot1q
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkerklu View Post
Dude, we're on the same page, but you just gotta take it in. You are a few visits yet from them working on the car, and you need to get it documented. Anyway, If they replicate the problem on the first visit , go out and buy a lottery ticket cuz you will be one lucky man.

Trust me, mine is going in tomorrow for the first "real" work. They're opening her up and replacing the lifters, and I'm trying not to think about it bc my stomach acids just start churning. I HATE having a new car worked on when they can't even guarantee a permanent fix.

I was hoping by the time our parts came in they would have an answer to this problem, maybe you will be lucky and they will for yours...

I'm thinking, just let it ride for couple thousand miles to see the problem go away. My is not that bad as other in this forum, it make that ticking noise only when the engine cold, after the engine is warm up I can go for the whole day and the sound doesn't come back. It only come back if I leave it overnight and then it start again. Is your ticking noise similar?