Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoschu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
I dont think toyota will make another 20 years now where they found bmw to help them , as for the m2 sure less raw for the steering but everything else is there , this is just some progress about the steering . As for fake sounds , sure you can remove them , and the n55 sound especially with MPE sounds absolutely awesome ! The e30/36/46 M3's they also used BMW blocks and not M blocks, M heavy modified them , not just engine but as well everything else , chassis etc.. i looked up about e30 m3 , e36 and e46 m3s and found the blocks were from bmw again... same happened to the 1M and M2 ..
If Toyota decides to not produce another Supra, then maybe this latest Supra will become a collector, or hold its value better, compared to an OG M2 or M2 Comp?

I don't think the OG M2 nor M2C will become collectors because they're not a very limited production vehicle. There's a whole thread discussing this at the moment. But so far everyone loves their OG/LCI M2s because of the sound of the N55 vs S55, which I agree with you on that part. N55 sounds a whole lot better than the S55.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoschu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
I dont think toyota will make another 20 years now where they found bmw to help them , as for the m2 sure less raw for the steering but everything else is there , this is just some progress about the steering . As for fake sounds , sure you can remove them , and the n55 sound especially with MPE sounds absolutely awesome ! The e30/36/46 M3's they also used BMW blocks and not M blocks, M heavy modified them , not just engine but as well everything else , chassis etc.. i looked up about e30 m3 , e36 and e46 m3s and found the blocks were from bmw again... same happened to the 1M and M2 ..
If Toyota decides to not produce another Supra, then maybe this latest Supra will become a collector, or hold its value better, compared to an OG M2 or M2 Comp?

I don't think the OG M2 nor M2C will become collectors because they're not a very limited production vehicle. There's a whole thread discussing this at the moment. But so far everyone loves their OG/LCI M2s because of the sound of the N55 vs S55, which I agree with you on that part. N55 sounds a whole lot better than the S55.
If the current line up was 20 years before lets say and the f87 m2 and f80 m3 where that old , i would believe that . 2025 all M cars will be hybrid & from 2030 all M cars will be full electric . So , my personal opinion on collectors vehicles , is that all M cars will be special , since electricity is coming . Then who knows , M might be called iM , just like the X , its already been called as iX3 ...I just find the M2's N55 , a special engine since 235 is just a normal N55 , and the M2 N55 is a bit of a hybrid , some call it the single version of the S55 . As for everything else except engine are from the bigger brothers (M DCT , Suspension etc ) . For me the part that M took N55 , and installed many parts from M3/4 is enought . The S55 is a high performance version of who? The 235 N55 , not the M2's N55 ! Since M2 Engine has all the upgraded coolings as well and more other high performance parts used in other M cars so that guarantee the driver that it can manage the hard use . Of course S55 is more refined , more grown engine , can be modified more as well , sound for me sure the N55 sounds better but i dont have any problem with S55 engine (sounds like e92 335i twin turbo btw)
But bmw just did it the "easy" way , and just added a detuned version of M3/4 engine . Thats why maybe the OG M2 engine in my opinion is more special engine on this specific model . Dont forget , either they had to stop the F87 or just put another engine . I dont say this because i own one , i just want to decide if i keep my M2 , or upgrade it with the CS model . Just find the OG more special in some ways . If i had the chance back then i would pick more raw and old school cars .