E90 ANdy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E90 325i sport + idrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
LOL My wife and I watched the opening ceremony and thought it was pretty amazing, I doubt we could have pulled off such a spectacle in Chicago or whatever other American city wanted to host the games.

With all due respect, I don't tend to like any product when the price remains the same or even goes up, yet the production gets shifted elsewhere. My Nikon is made in Thailand, had no choice. It's a fine camera, been in use for 3 years (dig slr). I recently saw a set of JA Henckels knives for sale at $380, but they were made in Thailand I believe. They may be just as good as German made, but at that price, I wont buy them. Has nothing to do with how hard working or not people are. There are just some expectations at various price points. When the price tag is nearly $400, I expect German made. Otherwise, I'd just buy some hack set made in China (Farberware) for $35. The latter still works, maybe heavier and less balanced.
yeah i perfectly understand, if BMW's were made in China the price would definitely have to be adjusted. another member just implied that if BMWs were made in china that the quality would be like crap because of the lack of "quality control". Just because its made in a place with less quality control doesnt mean everything produced there is a replica and cheap quality.
Appreciate 0