11-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #16
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengka View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about laying out $225 for the V4, only to see V5 come out less than 30 days later. Are you offering a trade-up option?

Ken
Hi Ken,
We do ahve a 60 day return policy as stated on our site, so if you would like these can be returned and traded in for the V5's. Please send me an e-mail directly to Sales@LuxAngelEyes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2S2M View Post
Are the outer rings still dim like the v4's? I sold my v4's because the lumination in the outer rings were almost non-existent. Please advise.
The outer rings of the car will always be dimmer than the inner rings due to the design of the headlight itself. However since we have increased the total brightness of these lights the outer rings will be brighter now than the V4 rings

One major thing to keep in mind is that you cant overcome the design of the rings. The outer ring has small grooves behind the ring and these grooves reflect the light outwards. At certain angles the grooves are not visible as you can see in the 1st picture of this stock headlight below. From an angle the grooves are not visible so you will not see any light.

What i always recommend to people is to step back from the car 30 feet and look at the lights straight on and around eye level with the headlights. From there you will be able to see the rings fully. The 2nd picture here is taken from 30-40 feet back and is a comparison of the stock bulbs vs LUX H8 V5 around 6900K. The picture has not been Photoshopped to change the rings at all and is exactly the way the looked in person as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 11-30-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0