09-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #620
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp335i View Post
George,
It's been said numerous times in some 29 pages of this thread, but, I think it's great that you've made yourself available on the forum to answer questions and offer your assistance.

Based off of everything I have gathered here, this is the order I am going to do this in. Recommendations/criticism etc. throw it at me. I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

- Proper Wash/Blow Dry
- Fine Clay
- 50/50 Iso Alcohol & Water mix wipe down
- tape off all exterior trim, lights etc.
- Flex / Orange Pad with SIP on the entire car (or should I just do the areas that need the attention of the Orange/SIP combo such as areas with CC scratches)
- Flex / White Pad with 106FF on the entire car.
- 50/50 Iso Alcohol & Water wipe down.
- Flex / White Pad with FTG (is there a cure time?)
- Flex / Blue Pad with FMJ (let cure 24 hours)
- Wipe down with some type of quick detailer for dust etc.
- Flex / Blue Pad with FMJ.

Note about washing - I live in an apartment so I have no water supply / hose. I use a coin-op car wash about a half mile down the street. That's the best I can do right now. I usually bucket wash early in the morning before the bucket nazi's arrive. In the future is it ok for me to maintain with CG's Waterless Carwash and a really plush Microfiber Towel? What are my limits to the amount of contaminates I can remove with the Waterless? ie dirty residue that dries down the sides of a car after driving in the rain.

Thanks in advance!

GP335i
GP335i, thank you for your support and kind words. You have put together a solid package and will see some dramatic differences in your results compared to what you were used to using.

It looks like you did some research before taking the plunge because your process is spot on for what you purchased. If neither car has been properly polished in the past, I'd recommend that you use the SIP on the entire car, rather than spot treating certain areas. After completing a thorough polishing session, then next time around you may want to just spot treat certain areas.

There is no cure time for the glaze, so after it's been removed, you can go right to applying your first coat of Menzerna FMJ.

Regarding washing your car, CG ONE Waterless Wash would be good up to a little dirtier than a light dusting on your car. If you have too much contamination on the paint, then you risk marring the finish. When your paint is really contaminated, I'd look into some Optimum No Rinse, which requires 2 buckets of water, but no need for a water supply. The more you stay on top of maintaining your vehicle, the more likely CG ONE would do the trick for you.

Thanks again for all of your support, be sure to keep us posted about your results! Take some pictures if you can.

Enjoy,

George
Appreciate 0