View Single Post
      09-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #622
Montrealwinter
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328I JET BLACK

Hello All ..I Just bought my first BMW and First Jet Black car.. I love the color and would like the basic deal on maintaning this daily driver, garaged car. One thing I worried about is the heated garage and the effects from the Salt on our roads.
I have had a green vw and s<the paint was great after 5 years. Are there differences in maintaining a Jet Black. I usually wash applying almost no pressure using a lambs wool and dry with a chamois. When I waxed I used various brands mothers etc and applied light coats in circle motion ( maybe not recommeded) and removed using almost no pressure.. and the car looked nice no swirls...still have the old pics.. As this is a daily driver is it better to wait towards then end of a week or spray down the vehicle every day to remove the salt, road dirt. Do you recommend the power washer. Do jet black need to be washed using no spray head and only the natural flow from the hose. I have seen this in car washed is there a reason.. I may have asked questions already answered, however in Montreal Canada, our winters are really bad and would need tips on regular maintenance.
Appreciate 0