View Single Post
      12-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #10
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Thanks TDI.

Thanks 9mm for posting that SIB. Interestingly, with the FC 4530 they call for a too low of a charge air pressure which could be related to a bad turbo swithover valve or a bad compressor bypass valve. Wastegate? I am not too sure. They discuss the wastegate but also refer to high pressure and low pressure side ones. I thought there was only one wastegate. May be it is turbo switchover reference. Anyway, judging from the SIB, all three controllers need to be checked as I have originally thought.

And this also proves that FC 4530 is quite generic. I was getting it as a shadow code when I am quite certain, low pressure side was not kicking in (large turbo), turbo switchover valve. I was running rich and smokey. I have moved the pressure converters around and swapped the electric changeover valve form the EGR. Now I am getting great power, not running rich and smokey and feel that turbos are both working. But at higher rpm, I get a limp mode, no SES light and still a shadow 4530.

So, the pressure converter is on order and we shall see if it was it. Hopefully. Otherwise, it is something stuck, like a wastegate.

Also, I suppose I should go and check the red charge pipe....
Appreciate 0