10-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCrouch View Post
Hey BP family,

B) My radio head unit is "burnt out" I was thinking of getting an older ipad mini and installing it but I think I read that it's a simple replacement if I find a used one at a junkyard or something. Even if I get the iPad it'd would be nice to read the name and numbers from the head unit.

As long as you don't have navi, swap it with a replacement unit. This will most likely require coding afterwards, so that it's fully functional.

C) I too have the sticky door grab from hell and I hate warning passengers about it, any quick fixes? Should I just order a replacement part and head up to Maaco and have them replace?

BMW sells replacement parts that are not made of rubber, it's all plastic. This is easy to change. You will have to drill 2-3 plastic posts for the handle to release from the door panel. The replacement kit comes with screws.

D) My rear passenger window will come down about half-way after I roll it up all the way, I'm sure it's just a regulator but hmmm

You may be able to fix this yourself without any parts.

1. Put key in, no need to start car.
2. Roll window all the way down, let go of button.
3. Hold window button DOWN for 20seconds. This resets the window in the down position. Now you must reset the window in the up position.
4. Roll window up. Do NOT panic if window doesn't go all the way up. It may only go up about 3inches. Then hold the up button again and it may only go up another 3inches or so. Keep doing this until the window is all the way in the up position as the window has not been reset in the up position yet. Let go of button.
5. Hold window button UP for 20 seconds. This resets the window in the up position.

-T.
See answers above.
Appreciate 0