05-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #122
Soliditude
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
Thanks, I have read the other threads and came away a little confused. I may be getting a N55 135i later this year and there is a Dinan dealer near me. The consensus is that Dinan is overpriced for the power which makes the ppk attractive. Initially, I saw the Dinan power claims and they sounded impressive, but the dyno readings are underwhelming.

Considering that I had a JB3 on my 2007 335i, I know I am going to be down in power either with Dinan or ppk. I looked at the JB4, but the installation looks a little tougher than with the JB3 and of course you have potential warranty issues.

My timeframe is October, so I will just keep my options open at this point.

Thanks for the advice,

Dave

Dinan and PPK will not be the most powerful horse-gains out there, that's a fact. The reason you'd go with one or the either over something like JB is because your warranty will not be affected, while still gaining A LOT of power. This is why Dinan is as expensive as it is--they make it within the warranty. Dinan is pretty cool with BMW and there are dealers who will not mind a bit of it, so your best bet is to go to both places near you and see how the dealer will react. That is only if you care about the warranty. If not, go with JB. That's the way I personally see it.