View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #43
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkee View Post
The only problem is watching all the other cars totally blow by my 328i in the straight.
Here in the Pacific Region we have an instructor who drives a 2002Ti with the original Ti engine that has about 500,000 HARD driven miles on it (the engine was rebuilt about 100,000 miles ago) that would blow the doors off of M5s and M3s on the track.

I've only recently worked up enough speed to pass him occasionally in my MZ4 Coupe.

There's no shame in tracking a 328i. Unless the horsepower difference is GINORMOUS and it's a notorious HP track like Auto Club Speedway or Willow Springs, the 328i can probably hang with quite a few of the big boys.

The most satisfying pass I ever earned in my entire driving career was done in my Z4 3.0i at Buttonwillow where a 996 Turbo S begrudgingly let me by going into the braking zone at Star Mazda, after being hounded for 2 laps with my $40,000 roadster stuck to his $120,000 coupe's bumper.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0